Some of you may know that I was recently fired. While I'm not going to go into too much detail, I'll say that it was due to COVID-19 related cutbacks or related reasons (at least according to my former boss).
As this is still an ongoing adventure, there is not much I can write about just yet. That being said, a few notes:
- Nobody is ever immune to being thrown to the wolves. I honestly did not expect to get fired, especially considering my former boss knew I'm a new father.
- Certain workplaces don't like honesty and would prefer you to cover the truth just so it looks good.
- Israeli companies like being unprofessional. Lowballing you after agreeing to your salary expectation and saying they loved you is a thing.
- Looking for a job during an ongoing epidemic
could beis an excercise in frustration.
- Keep your mind sharp between jobs. This is how I came up with Saisho and Shigoto.